Projects and cooperation
ProAgria Oulu takes actively part in the development of North Ostrobotnian agriculture and rural enterprises through various projects and with the help of our wide co-operation network.
Primal funding for our projects comes from European Agricultural Fund for rural Development. We also exploit other sources for funding, such as European Regional Development Fund, Interreg program and the Horizon Europe program.
At the moment we manage projects developing and promoting among other things:
Improving the rural entrepreneurship
Entrepreneursship as a theme is one of our key sectors. Our projects vary from first-hand guidance to specific businessgroup projects and small group activities.
- responsible leadership of farms and rural enterprises
- helping forward sustainable business thinking
Improving the state of environment, water and enhancing bioeconomy
One important theme has been improving the state of our water. With the recent projects we have encouraged local people and water users to co-operate with each other in matters concerning water restoration and catchment management. Besides water issues we aim to sustain our traditional landscape in rural areas.
- possibilities of bioeconomy to rural enterprises
- networks of people working in water restoration
- production of organic plants and efficiency and profitability of the production
- maintaining and saving valuable rural landscapes
- eradication of invasive species
- organic farming
Developing the food chain
In our food related projects, we aim to help forward our local food culture, networking between the entrepreneurs and bring knowledge on sustainable food chain. Our nationwide projects include such themes as minimizing food waste, nutrition and food education for children.
- local food culture and networks of producers
- sustainable and responsible food chain